Friday, September 30, 2011

More days

Yes. This week.... It was busy. To say the least. I unfortunately did not reach my goal to post every day until our anniversary (which is TODAY). Yes. I am a slacker. But to make up for it, I hope to post a few more memories from our past year together.

4 days:
Graduation!!! Yes- I graduated from BYU about 6 months after I married Josh. We got to share this milestone together. I loved that he came to Commencement and Convocation (even though he didn't get to sit by me at either event) just to support me and my accomplishment. Josh is so supportive. I love him. To see me and Amy walk, click here.

3 days:
DISNEYLAND!!!
Home sweet home. For a graduation celebration, Josh and I traveled to southern California to visit the happiest place on earth. And I heartily agree with that nickname. It really is an extremely happy place. We stopped by Josh's friends' place. Dustin and his wife grew up with Josh. They are besties. Unfortunately, our visit was cut short, as my face and eyes blew up in an allergic reaction to their cats (which I didn't touch!). Then 4 days in Disneyland. Tiring? Yes. Worth it? Of course. We wore "Just Married" celebration pins, but didn't get as many congratulatory praise as Amy and Colin, who had "Anniversary" pins. We went on Space Mountain twice in a row with only a 5 minute wait between runs. I admit, I had to keep my mouth closed during the second run. My stomach can only handle so many twists and turns and falls. Indiana Jones was necessary multiple times every day. We ate at the Blue Bayou for lunch on our last day. Love. It. We ate dinners at Denny's and IHOP across the street- found some new favorites. We were sent on a scavenger hunt sort of thing by a strange man in California Adventure. Bless him. It was magical. And frustrating. All of our attempts at finding Disneyland trivia that he didn't know were foiled by his tricky wording. "I honestly and truly don't know." Ugh. But it made our lazy afternoon a bit more exciting that day. Yes- Disneyland was a wonderful trip. I hope we go again when Josh graduates.

2 days
Folk Dance Tour!
Our last folk dance tour was this past summer. I loved going with Josh as my husband. I like rooming with girls and all, but being able to room with my handsome hubby all tour was so great. And less dramatic. So much happened, but I'll just say it was a good end to our long stint as BYU folk dancers. We will be going to DC for a little performance at the Marriott Ranch, which will also be nice- a last little pull before quitting cold turkey. Maybe I won't cry at Christmas Around the World this year. Maybe I will...

1 day left!
Everyone leaving... :(
While this isn't a happy memory, it's a meaningful one. Amy and Colin left in June. My twin. Mom and Dad left in July. We are alone in this very large house- imposing for us young kids- and I just know that if we didn't have each other, life would be slightly depressing right now. We are starting a new phase of life. Busy life. But I think that we can do it together. Together we can do anything- everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment