My husband talks in his sleep.
It's really more of a mumbling, really. But sometimes he sounds so intent on what he is trying to say that it wakes me up. Then I listen to him ramble in his jumbled speech, words that make no sense and get caught in his mouth with the heavy weight of his tongue. He just sounds so desperate- like the words are important somehow.
Once, he grabbed my arm and sat up, yelling through his closed lips. Most words couldn't escape his mouth, but a few made it out: words like "focus" and "go." I wonder what he wanted me to do.
He says his brother and old roommates could get him to talk coherently if they asked him enough questions while he was mumbling. But sleep is precious to me and I never have enough energy to think about getting him to talk about those dreams of his while they are happening. It is a goal of mine to do it someday, possible multiple times. Just so I can see what is so important.
He does other things in his sleep as well. I doubt he would appreciate me telling what those other things are. But if you ask me nicely, I might tell you in person. It's very amusing.
Nothing could be worse than Dylan's grizzly snoring. Talking in your sleep is almost romantic.
ReplyDeleteKurt and I both do this too! I love making him talk in his sleep, and he loves telling me about the crazy things I do when I'm sleeping. I love it.
ReplyDelete