Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hot Water

We have fruit flies in our shower.

I'm not sure exactly how they came to be there. At first I thought they had just migrated there from Josh's bananas in the kitchen. But I'm not entirely positive they would feel the need to travel into our bathroom, as the bananas are right here in front of them. Why leave the place you love?
But then, I do have yummy shampoo. That might be what is pulling them. Is it the tropical coconut? Or the fusion of berry tea and orange flower?
Or maybe they somehow breed there in the shower. They might be living in the hole in the caulking, or somewhere between the window and the vinyl window cover that keeps us from looking out into the parking lot and that keeps our neighbors from peeping in at us in our very exposed moments.
However, I haven't seen too many of these little fliers around as of late. It might be because of the one little one who has been somewhat fossilized into our plastic-like window sill. A warning to them all. Beware this shower space.

It was while I was thinking of all of this when I realized I had washed my hair twice and had only shaved my right leg when the hot water ran out. Perfect.
I'll shave my left leg tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. HA! Disgustingly funny descriptions. I love your guts. Personally, I think your fruit flies must have learned to apparate into odd places; just like how 1 ant always seems to arrive on our office wall, no matter how many times we kill it.

    Next time we'll use your example and leave it's carcass on display as a warning to its friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the other flies heed that warning. The last thing you need is a swarm attacking your sudsy hair.

    ReplyDelete