In the month that has passed since I last posted, I had a birthday! Not gonna lie- it was a pretty good day. A pretty good week. I had been telling my students my birthday was coming since before Christmas. Needless to say, they were pretty excited when the day finally arrived (what am I saying? I was pretty excited when the day arrived).
The fact that it was Teacher Appreciation Week at work was also a really big plus. And the best part about working at APA is that for as long as I work there, it will always be my birthday during Teacher Appreciation week. Love having a birthday on Valentines. Love getting fed breakfast and lunch every day by awesome parents. Love getting prizes and gifts from students (because let's be honest here. Sometimes just the fact that the students are learning is not enough to keep me going. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I need a little giftage and verbal pick-me-ups). Love putting off grading during the whole of my birthday week (although, I did regret it a little the next week).
The fact that my birthday was on a Thursday, however, was a bit of a downer, because Thursdays are the longest days at school (no specials for the kids. They get me all day. Ugh), and because I have rehearsals on Thursday nights, which means I kiss Josh goodbye in the morning and then see him when I get home from rehearsal (usually around 10:00, if I leave on time). So I was a little sad that I wouldn't see Josh until late. But when I got to clogging, bless Jen Garrard- she had gotten me a birthday cake (pictures to follow in a future post)! And Oreos (my favorite), which were unfortunately ripped into by the team. Oops!
The weekend following my awesome day of birth just continued the awesomeness. Josh and I got couples massages, manicures and pedicures. Super relaxing. And then a birthday party for me! Loved hanging out with friends. Loved the yummy food. Loved the Wii dancing. Loved that my husband made me an ambitious four layer cake:
Josh's Creation
Overall, being 26 isn't too bad. It's been a pretty good first month of this twenty-sixth year. And in just one more month Josh will have a birthday too! Now I just have to see if I can make his birthday week even better than mine was....
Happy late birthday! If I could pick one age to be forever, it would be 26...I have been 26 for 8 years now ;)
ReplyDelete