I'll back up and explain. A few weeks ago, he went to the doctor to have allergy testing and other nose and sinus related issues checked out. Turns out he does have allergies: cottonwood, mountain cedar, household mold, and he has seasonal hayfever. Lucky that all of the things he's allergic to reside in Utah. They also checked out his nose to see if there was anything they could do with it.
The diagnosis: Hypertrophy of the Nasal Turbinates, Deviated Septum, and Chronic Rhinosinusitis (my favorite one, because of the word "rhinosinusitis"- the disease where your sinuses turn into rhinoceroses.... rhinoceri?)
SO- Dr. Parsons with the dark swoopy hair performed surgery on Josh's nose. He's a nice doctor. He has a small section of hair right along the brow that is gray. It's very distinguished, very separate from the rest of his black locks, and I think it might be fake.
ANYWAYS- Here is Josh pre-surgery:

He's the prettiest lunchlady of them all. ;) And this is him post-surgery:

He was mostly normal while he was waking up. Not very coherent (He asked me the same questions five times in half an hour: "How long have you been here?" "What time is it?" How long was the surgery?" Have you talked to the doctor yet?" "What is this? (referring to the uncomfortable mask that was pumping oxygen and wake-up drugs into him)" What did you do while I was asleep?")
I almost wish he had been more entertaining. However- he would listen to me when I told him to do stuff- "I will obey." But only in the first little part of him waking up. They said he would have a little amnesia while he was waking up from the anesthetics. I'm just glad he recognized me.
Warning: This next picture is the "gory" one. Not for the faint of heart.

Josh is doing well today. He's on his way to clear nasal passages and possibly less allergies. I'll be sad when he gets to take off his mustache bandages. They're so..... attractive. ;)
i honestly can't help, but laugh. :)
ReplyDelete