It is amidst this stressful time, where my dear friends, Mrs. Cramps and her sister, Stomach Ache have returned, that I came to this realization (one that many people have told me before):
I am going to miss this. Badly.
As much as I complain about the stress, the cramps, the papers and the reading, I know I will miss this. I know it. I already do. Every time I walk home from campus, I think about how it is the twelfth to last time that I will ever walk home from campus. Then I walk slower. I left my class on Thursday, halfway depressed that I only had one more American Novel class left. I was close to tears as I finished teaching my last clogging class (Tuesday is technically the last day, but we will be watching videos and eating yummy treats- no teaching for me...). And I won't even go into the emotional wreck I've been over the final days of folk dance. That will be saved for a post of its own.
But I will miss school. I will miss the stress. I will miss the all-nighters pulled before my papers are due. I will miss walking across campus. I will miss climbing the RB stairs multiple times a day. I will miss signing up for classes at midnight, trying to get into all the classes I want. I will just miss a lot. I have already started missing it. And it's not even over yet.
Let's please imagine how weepy I will be during graduation. Lovely.
I knew it.
No comments:
Post a Comment